Treating hearing loss is a critical way you can invest in your health. Over 48 million people in the U.S. have some degree of hearing loss. This makes hearing loss the third most common, chronic, health condition that people live with today. Hearing loss not only affects hearing and communication but it often strains relationships, social connection, work life, and health. Untreated hearing loss can increase health risks, significantly impacting health and wellness. Fortunately, there are effective treatment options and solutions that transform your health and quality of life.
Benefits of Treatment
Treating hearing loss is painless and offers countless benefits that allow people to live lives that are not hindered by having hearing that is impaired. Significant benefits of treatment include:
- Strengthens communication: the most common way that hearing loss is treated is with hearing aids. These are electronic devices that are designed to absorb, amplify, and process speech as well as sound. Today’s hearing aids are savvier than ever before, maximizing cutting edge technologies that allow them to do more. Hearing aids can reduce background noise, wirelessly connect to other Bluetooth enabled devices, alleviate tinnitus, and deliver sharp sound quality. These features help maximize one’s hearing capacity, allowing people to hear much more and with greater ease.
- Improves relationships: effective communication is necessary for relationships. Hearing loss can cause a breakdown in relationships by making it tough to spend quality time, have engaging conversations, engage in daily activities like watching TV etc. This can lead to frustration, distance, and disconnection over time. Treating hearing loss alleviates this by strengthening hearing and communication. The support that hearing aids provide allows people to have conversations that they can fully participate in as well as spend quality time much more comfortably which improves relationships.
- Enriches social life: another benefit of treating hearing loss is the impact it has on social life. With an increased capacity to hear and communicate, people are more able to navigate social spaces and activities. People can readily engage with others without the anxiety and labor that untreated symptoms often produce. Being able to be fully present facilitates social connection and enriches social life.
- Supports work performance: work life is another aspect of everyday life that is significantly improved by treating hearing loss. Strengthened hearing and communication supports people participating in meetings, training, conversations etc. in the workplace. This allows people to better manage work responsibilities and complete everyday tasks, contributing to greater success in the workplace.
- Decreases health risks: treating hearing loss alleviates a number of health risks that are associated with untreated hearing loss. Extensive research shows that untreated hearing loss can increase the risk of experiencing cognitive decline, depressive symptoms, and falls. Studies have shown that treating hearing loss and wearing hearing aids alleviates these risks. Hearing aids provide the ears and brain with ample support and this has been shown to strengthen cognitive functions, reducing the risk of cognitive decline. Hearing aids also increase spatial awareness by maximizing hearing capacity, allowing people to safely navigate everyday environments which reduces the risk of falls. Lasly, by improving relationships and social life, mental health is significantly supported which boosts wellness.
These benefits of treating hearing loss significantly improves overall health and contributes to a higher quality of life.
Diagnosing & Treating Hearing Loss
The first step towards treating hearing loss is having your hearing health evaluated. Conducted by a hearing healthcare specialist, hearing tests involve a noninvasive process that measures hearing capacities in both ears. This identifies your specific hearing needs, allowing your hearing healthcare provider to then tailor treatment to meet those needs.
Hearing aids are the most common treatment for hearing loss. With a wide range of options and styles, your hearing healthcare provider will recommend specific devices that are optimal for your hearing needs. Today’s devices offer numerous technologies, features, and styles that seamlessly integrate into everyday life. Hearing aids transform hearing which benefits your overall health.
Prioritize Your Hearing Health Today
Contact us today to schedule an appointment for a hearing consolation. This involves comprehensively assessing your hearing health and identifying the solution that is optimal for you. We look forward to supporting you as you invest in your health and wellness.